Frequently asked questions
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions along with more detailed information on the products from Zapf Creation.
Where can I obtain Zapf Creation products?
You can obtain our products in all major department stores, in all well-stocked toy stores, in convenience stores with a toy section, and from various online suppliers and resellers. Please klick here for dealers.
Can you tell me how much it costs in the store?
If you wish to know how much a Zapf Creation product costs in the store, we recommend that you directly contact a toy shop in your area. We can only tell you the recommended retail price, which is not at all binding.
Can I as a consumer also order products directly from Zapf Creation ?
Since we distribute our products exclusively through retail stores, it is unfortunately not possible to order products directly from Zapf Creation via our website, or by any other means. Under the item "Where to buy", you can search for a retailer near you.
Where can I get the current product catalogue?
You can download the current product catalogue here.
Can I order replacement parts for a product directly from Zapf Creation AG ?
Please address your questions to consumer service by email using the contact form.http://www.zapfcreation.com/en/consumer-service/customer-hotline/general-requests/
Notes on cleaning doll bodies:
Our dolls consist primarily of soft PVC (head, arms, and legs), and contain a body that is either stuffed with polyester fibres or made of plastic.
PVC and plastic surfaces:
- Clean surface dirt with damp cloth soaked in a mild detergent
- Stains that have been caused by felt and/or ballpoint pens will not be removable due to the constituents of the ink. It is possible to lighten the stain by using acetone-free nail polish remover, if necessary.
Fabric body with fibre stuffing:
- Clean mild dirt and stains with a damp cloth soaked in a mild detergent
- Do not under any circumstances put it in the washing machine/dryer
- After cleaning, let it dry thoroughly
Where can I find information on toy safety?
General safety tips on using toys:
- Remember, it is your job to supervise your child's activities
- Carefully read the user instructions and keep these together with the packaging
- There are passages in the user instructions (if available) marked with "Tips for children"; we recommend that you read through these passages together with your child.
- Only use the toy for the purpose for which it was manufactured
- Take safety tips and warnings seriously
- Regularly check toys for damage
- Store the toys separately, according to their intended age groups
- Inform older siblings as to which toys are dangerous for small children
- Supervise children, especially when they are playing with new toys
Information on plasticizers in the plastic of the doll bodies and in other plastic parts:
Zapf Creation AG exclusively uses the innovative non-phthalate plasticiser Hexamoll® DINCH®. This plasticiser was specially developed for use in sensitive application areas (children's toys, medical products, products that come into contact with food).
By using Hexamoll® DINCH®, Zapf Creation AG meets the requirements of the REACH Regulation 1907/2006 Attachment XVII, in particular No. 51 and 52 regarding phthalate plasticisers in children's toys and baby items. The positive notification of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) was issued in October 2006. In 2007, 1,2-cyclohexane dicarboxylic acid diisononyl ester was added to Attachment III of "Directive 2002/72/EC relating to plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs". This Directive was replaced by European Regulation 10/2011 as of 01.05.2011. In addition, extensive tests conducted by the Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging on 1,2-cyclohexane dicarboxylic acid diisononyl ester are listed in Attachment I.
Information on the warranty:
Zapf Creation products are known for their design and their outstanding material and production quality.
If, however, there should be a complaint regarding one of our products, please directly contact the toy retailer from whom you have purchased the item.
Your warranty claims shall be handled directly via the toy shop.
Your recommendations, ideas or product suggestions
We welcome any recommendations, ideas or product suggestions that may help us to continue improving our range of products and to satisfy the wishes of our customers. You can reach us by email using the contact form.